First Book has a mandatory Covid-19 vaccination policy (medical and religious exemptions allowed)
About the first book:
First book (https://firstbook.org) believes that education offers children the best possible route out of poverty. Since 1992, First Book has distributed more than 200 million books and educational materials to children from low-income families. Reaching 5 million children from birth to 18 each year, First Book has built the nation’s largest and fastest growing network of educators serving children in need. Today, First Book reaches more than 525,000 educators nationwide, and another 750 join every week. In addition to our work in the United States, First Book also distributed books to children in over 30 countries last year.
A recognized leader in social enterprise, First Book harnesses the power of the private sector to advance social change. First Book has also been recognized for its innovation and impact by the Schwab Foundation for Social Entrepreneurship, the World Economic Forum and in case studies at Columbia Business School, Wharton Business School, Yale School of Management and the London School of Economics. Finally, Charity Navigator recently awarded First Book its highest rating, including a perfect score for accountability and transparency.
About the position: (It’s not a 100% remote position)
First Book is looking for an experienced and innovative individual to join its development team which raises funds from individuals and foundations to support its wider mission of providing books and resources to children in need through the country.
The creative thinker in this position will be responsible for creating and implementing First Book’s sophisticated and integrated online fundraising strategy. In addition to a creative approach to online fundraising, this position manages First Book’s digital user experience across all platforms, including email, donation forms, team crowdfunding campaigns, advertising on social networks, etc. This position is a hybrid of high-level digital fundraising techniques and skills: (~65%) strategic planning and implementation, (~15%) content and asset creation, (10%) data and reporting, and (~10%) management of the search/social media platform ad buying provider.
We are looking for an innovative go-getter, who wants to own and grow this program into a multi-million dollar digital fundraising revenue stream.
The Senior Manager, Digital Fundraising reports to the VP of Development and works closely with the Development and Marketing & Communications teams, as well as vendors and consultants, to execute strategies that drive revenue and engagement. fundraising.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Strategic planning and implementation (65%)
• Works closely with the VP of Development and Director of Development to establish benchmarks and performance goals across all digital fundraising channels.
• Achieves shared short- and long-term revenue and engagement goals from new and existing sources by developing “best practices” for digital fundraising across multiple platforms.
• Establish and maintain a quarterly digital campaign calendar to plan and execute all aspects of the digital program, from preparation to launch and reporting.
• Implements user testing techniques to improve response rates and increase donor retention. Evaluates and reports on monthly project achievements and budgets.
• Adhere to best practices for integrations across fundraising tools, platforms and tactics within and between Salesforce, Pardot and Classy primarily. Stay up to date with the latest digital trends and innovations to increase donations and activation.
• Coordinate within and beyond the department to ensure alignment of priorities.
• Collaborate with development team members to streamline integration of fundraising/communications systems with CRM and maintain data integrity.
Content Creation – (15%)
• Design, create, send and track outbound email calls to solicit funds and otherwise engage donors and prospects.
• Oversee the creation of email copies with Development Communications Manager. .
• Manage the development of the monthly donor newsletter and other impact communications.
• Develop and implement a testing program to determine the optimal strategy on a variety of elements including content, format, call to action, graphics, segment, etc.
• Manage content for new and permanent assets, including donation forms, crowdfunding campaigns, welcome series, and other digital user experience elements.
Data analysis and reports
• Analyze data from multiple sources, including Google Analytics, Salesforce, and Pardot, to determine the optimal digital communications strategy for each donor segment.
• Monitor metrics to highlight trends that could inform strategies and prepare regular reports to assess and inform continuous improvement in fundraising ROI.
• Provide detailed on-demand analysis and reports for use in internal and external strategic planning sessions.
Prospecting, research and social media – (10%)
• Assist in the development of a new emerging acquisition program focused on email acquisition and fundraising conversion across multiple platforms.
• Work with vendor to design and implement an upper and lower funnel digital marketing plan, including paid search, display ads, etc.
• Knowledge of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems, email service providers, internet applications and content publishing tools. First Book uses Salesforce, Classy, and Pardot, in addition to others – preferred experience with these systems.
• Experience with Google Analytics, creating UTMs and reporting data
• Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite of products
• 5+ years of direct response digital communications experience required
• Experience in developing a cross-channel donor acquisition strategy
• Solid knowledge of current and developing online fundraising strategies, social media, mobile technologies and new technologies
• Must understand “best practices” across multiple platforms and the knowledge base to develop “best practices” for emerging media types
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Experience managing a budget for advertising, display and paid search
• Knowledge of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems, email service providers, internet applications and content publishing tools
• Familiarity with a variety of resources to keep up to date with the latest in fundraising, digital marketing, sales and design
• Excellent organizational skills and great attention to detail
• Ability to meet deadlines and goals while working under pressure
• Project management experience in digital media required.
• Ability to move between different departments and bridge different goals/strategies within the organization
• Attention to detail is essential
• Ability to work independently and within a team
• Ability to thrive in a rapidly changing entrepreneurial environment
All full-time employees are entitled to the following benefits:
• Hybrid work environment: possibility to work from home and in the office
• Dental and medical insurance
• Life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
• Annual leaves
• Sick days
• Eleven annual holidays
• 401K and matching employer pension contribution
• Benefits of transportation
Applicants are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter detailing your interest in the position to http://firstbook.force.com/careers. If you need help applying, please contact us at [email protected] / 202-499-5935.