Le Squiz is a growing podcast and newsletter company born out of a love of news. Quite simply, we want to give busy people a quick and easy way to stay up to date. The result is our weekday newsletter and podcast, Squiz Today. We also produce a weekly “Squiz Shortcut” podcast and newsletter, the Squiz Kids news podcast and the Squiz Kids For Schools program, and the Sport Today newsletter and podcast.
You’ll need to be self-starter, enjoy creating quality content, and thrive on time. You will have 2+ years of experience in social media marketing, have an innate understanding of audiences, be an excellent writer and have a passion for current events. You are across the internet culture and can create content that looks native for every platform.
What you will do:
- You will use your social media skills to post daily content for The Squiz, Squiz Kids and Sport Today channels with the aim of building audiences, engaging existing communities and promoting newsletters and podcasts.
- You will work closely with the Growth Marketing Manager and Engagement Director to ensure social channels are engaging and drive growth.
- Reuse existing Squiz content to inform/entertain Squiz audiences on social media – creating stories, reels, podcast snippets to video, explainers
- Creating visuals and videos for use on social media
- Community Management – responding to comments, DMs, queries
What we are looking for:
- Excellent writing skills – perfect grammar and punctuation, ability to write in the appropriate Squiz tone for each channel
- Experience in video editing a definite asset
- Professional skills in Canva or Photoshop/InDesign
- Excellent time management skills, ability to work with daily content and daily deadlines
- Fresh ideas, creativity and innovation – ready to try things out, have fun
- A test and learn approach, so experience with Google Analytics and reporting
What is the problem?
Collaborative and mature working environment – a driven, entrepreneurial and friendly team with big plans for the future and a passion for quality content.
- Full time starting as soon as possible.
- Location: Negotiable but preferably in Sydney (including office time in Darlinghurst).
- Hours are flexible and the expectation is that this role will work independently.
For a confidential discussion, please contact [email protected]